VIZ Media name
Retrieval Squad (en-us )
回収部隊 Kaishū Butai (Recovery Unit)
Research and development of Yoma entities, retrieval of Yoma tissue
I must have a living specimen of that creature.
回収部隊 translates as "recovery section/corps/squad/unit."
Personnel wear universal black. Similar dress to other sectors of Organization.
Sector within the Organization that retrieves tissue samples and bodies of Yoma-entities. A scientist, Dae, appears to lead the sector.
Though the squad is connected to the Organization sector responsible for research and development, it is unknown if "Retrieval Squad" is the actual name of the entire R&D sector, or only the field unit of R&D.
Science, technology and productionEdit
In addition to tissue collected in the field, Dae maintains a collection of former No. 1 Claymores warriors, as well as two specimens of the Dragons' Descendants.
- Retrieval Squad ↓
According to Miria's theory, Organization originated on unknown mainland, where ceaseless war is waged. One side is allied with Dragons' Descendents, creatures with thick hide. The other side is the parent power behind the Organization. They seek controlled Awakened Beings to fight the Dragons.
Miria concludes the Organization, ostensibly a charity, is a cover for a military-intelligence, bio-warfare operation, using island to isolate its experiments from mainland.
After the meeting, Dae approaches Chief Limt and asks for permission to restart an abandoned project. Dae warns otherwise the Organization will be helpless against the "mysterious gang" (Ghosts), warrior rebellion and the unknown Abyssal One. Limt gives permission.
New old projectEdit
An executive enters and orders that the corpses are reanimated as soon as possible. Then orders Rubel to an emergency meeting.
Later, as Rebellion starts, Miria reappears to lead rebels.
Dae releases the the three resurrected No. 1s. Despite panicky subordinates, Limt is unconcerned as the three No. 1s proceed on their mission of annihilation.
After the death of Hysteria, a phantasm of Yoma energy, in the form of Priscilla, appears. Dae recognizes her and invites Rubel to accompany him in search of Priscilla.
But Miria's orders are a ploy to distract her comrades. Miria relocates a pilastered portal she discovered nine years ago.
She forces open a panel, leading to a downstairs chamber, where two specimens of the Dragons' Descendents are chained—a large reptilian form chained to the floor, and a skeletal biped hanging from the ceiling. Tubes attached to their bodies provide life-support.
Limt appears. For unexplained reasons, he has stayed behind.
He gives the real name of the Dragons' Descendents—the アサラカム (Asarakamu ). He explains that they are a hermaphrodite people, who once awaken, remain in their dragon form. And can live up to 200 years.
And shavings of tissue from their awakened and unawakened forms, when combined, create a mobile parasite that takes over the brain in humans, who develop into Yoma.
Miria notes that the Organization violated their own rule about never killing humans, as they turned humans into Yoma, then ordered their warriors to kill these former humans. She beheads Limt, then cuts the life-support tubes of the specimens, which instantly decay.
Tankōbon Claymore volumes cited are VIZ Media (en-us) editions, unless otherwise noted. Manga scenes (chapters) not yet translated cite Shueisha tankōbon (ja) editions. Manga scenes not yet published in tankōbon form cite Jump SQ (ja) editions. Fragments of Silver Omnibus (総集編 銀の断章 Gin no Danshou) 1–3, Shueisha, are only available in Japanese. Anime scenes (episodes) cited are FUNimation (en-us) editions, unless otherwise noted.
- ↑ Claymore 18, Scene 96, p. 10
- ↑ Claymore 18, Ediciones Glénat España, Scene 96, p. 10
- ↑ Claymore 18, Glénat Édition Française, Scene 96, p. 10
- ↑ Claymore 18, Shueisha, Scene 96, p. 10
- ↑ Claymore 18, Scene 96, p. 11
- ↑ Claymore 20, Scene 110, p. 87
- ↑ Claymore 20, Scene 113, p.166
- ↑ Claymore 15, Scene 79, pp. 63–65
- ↑ Claymore 15, Scene 79, p. 64
- ↑ Claymore 15, Scene 79, pp. 65–67
- ↑ Claymore 15, Scene 79–Scene 80, pp. 68–76
- ↑ Claymore 18, Scene 96, p. 7
- ↑ Claymore 18, Scene 96, p. 10
- ↑ Claymore 18, Scene 96, pp. 13–16
- ↑ Claymore 20, Scene 110, p. 76
- ↑ Claymore 20, Scene 110, pp. 76–80
- ↑ Claymore 20, Scene 110, p. 81–84
- ↑ Claymore 20, Scene 110, pp. 85–87
- ↑ Claymore 20, Scene 113, p. 159
- ↑ Claymore 20, Scene 113, p. 164
- ↑ Claymore 20, Scene 113, pp. 185-187
- ↑ Claymore 21, Scene 114, pp. 28–34
- ↑ Claymore 21, Scene 115, pp. 68–69
- ↑ Jump SQ, June 2012, Claymore, Scene 126, pp. 240–241
- ↑ Jump SQ, June 2012, Claymore, Scene 126, pp. 241–242
- ↑ Jump SQ, June 2012, Claymore, Scene 126, pp. 243–245
- ↑ Jump SQ, June 2012, Claymore, Scene 126, p. 246
- ↑ Jump SQ, June 2012, Claymore, Scene 126, pp. 246–249
- ↑ Jump SQ, June 2012, Claymore, Scene 126, pp. 250–254
All items (128)
- Abyss Feeder
- Armadillo awakened
- Awakened Claymore
- Destroyer-Riful's daughter
- Dreadlock awakened
- Raquel II
- Riful's daughter